What is Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest?
Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest is a full-day FREE hockey program focused on creating a positive hockey experience for girls in the community. Each participant will take part in a half-day experience that includes on-ice, off-ice skills and off-ice classroom sessions.
How do I register?
All registration for Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest will be completed on the respective location pages at
What is the registration process?
Due to high demand, Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest now operates under a lottery registration. Registration will be open for one week. After which time, participants will be randomly selected and assigned to the appropriate session. The registration experience will be as follows:
- Registration opens & individual submits application at
- Registrant will receive an email confirming that the application has been successfully received
- Registration will remain open for one-week
- Participants to be randomly selected once the registration window closes
- Those accepted into the program will receive a confirmation email
- All other registrants will receive an email notifying them of their addition to the waitlist (order determined at random)
- If registrants are accepted from the waitlist, the individual will receive a confirmation email informing them of the status change
What should I do if my daughter can no longer attend?
If your daughter can no longer attend, please email
so your place may be given to another registrant
I haven’t received any emails with updates or confirmations
If you do not receive any communication emails, please first check your spam folder. If your spam folder is empty, please email
and we would be happy to assist you.
How many participants are accepted into each session?
Participant numbers are dependent upon location, however an average of 50 participants are accepted into each session.
Are goalies welcome?
Yes, goalies are welcome! There will be an opportunity to define player position within the registration form.
Are parents required to stay on-site during the event?
All parents are welcome to stay on-site to watch their daughter(s), however this is not necessary. If you wish to leave, please ensure the event waiver has been signed by a parent or guardian prior to departure.
What skill level is accepted?
Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest is an inclusive and welcoming event for girls of all skill levels.
My daughter has dietary restrictions, will these be accommodated?
Dietary restrictions will be handled on a case-by-case basis, please email
to further discuss dietary options.
What attire should my daughter wear?
All participants will take part in an on-ice, off-ice skills and off-ice classroom session. For these sessions, participants will require:
- Full hockey equipment (on-ice)
- Preferred athletic apparel including running shoes (off-ice skills)
Is there a cost for participation?
As a proud supporter of one million kids and counting, Scotiabank is happy to provide this event free of charge to all participants.
What other opportunities does Scotiabank offer in support of kids community hockey?
Scotiabank is committed to unlocking the potential of Canadians through kids community hockey. For more information on all of our programs, please visit the Scotiabank Hockey Club website at